Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I gots me another award!
Carol, over at Facing 50 with Humor apparently got drunk last week and decided to give me an award. She is so sweet. I'm sure she wasn't drunk, but the fact she gave me an award? Hmmm. Perhaps it was a mistake? Maybe not, but I'm happy to have it! Thank you Carol!
In getting this award, I have to answer some questions. In addition, I'm supposed to pass it out some. Which I will in the near future.
So here are the rules, questions, and my answers.
Here are the things you have to do when you get this award:
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I never considered blogging anonymously. I’m just so charming, I would be recognized no matter how I tried to hide. But seriously, I really didn’t want to. I don’t really have anything to hide, as I don’t blast family, friends, or my job. The things I write about are not anything that would get me into trouble. Except with my wife.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
There are way to many incidents to try and remember a particular one. But I will say I could out stubborn a really cranky mule. By shooting it. Well, maybe not, but stubborn I am.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
I think I’m practically a vampire as I have no reflection. Yes, either I’m a vampire, or the mirror refuses to reflect me to keep from breaking itself (a very sad form of mirror suicide).
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
Iced Tea. No, coffee. No Iced Tea. Hmmm, maybe it’s a draw.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I read. I read a lot. I don’t read as much as I want to, since money is tight and I am to lazy to go deal with the library. I’m convinced that the government keeps records of what people check out of the library and they don’t need any more evidence of how weird I am.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
I have a bucket list. You know, the famous list that you make of things you want to do before you die? It’s a long list, and has some very interesting things on it. Some of them are even legal.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I was none of these things. I was a nerd. In the school band. Hanging with my fellow nerds. Doing nerd things.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
It’s a toss up between the birth of my daughter or when I finally became potty trained. But I’m certain my daughter has a slight lead.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I’ve never liked this question because no matter what you blog about, yourself or others, it’s all about YOU. YOU being in control. Plus, with the possibility of being a vampire, I don’t share myself for protection against stakes.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Oh I would read. All day long if I could. If I could get paid to read, that would be close to being a dream job.
I would like to pass this award on to: (coming soon)